President Stephen J. Shorrock is well-regarded in the life insurance industry as the consummate professional. He founded LifeVentures Corp in his hometown of Northport, Long Island in January 2006. He also serves as a Director of sister firms Planning 4 Longevity and Veris Settlement Partners.
Steve is past President and CEO of Bankers Life Insurance Company of New York and most recently Chief Operating Officer of Improved Funding Techniques, an innovative actuarial and consulting pension firm. During his 13-year tenure at Bankers Life of New York, the Company became a market leader, as well as an innovator in product design fueling substantial increases in life insurance sales. While at Bankers, Steve had the dual role of Chief Financial Officer for the AmerUs Life Group. At Improved Funding Techniques, under the mentoring of Joel Boyarsky, he was a leader in a sophisticated organization that designs, implements and administers qualified pension plans.
Steve has authored articles for Elder Law Attorney, Financial Advisor, Life Insurance Selling, Wealth Management Business and The Bulletin. He has an extensive background in the design, development, and application of life insurance and other financial products, and is accustomed to working regularly with corporate executives and high net worth individuals, as well as accountants, attorneys and other advisors from top firms.
Steve has undergraduate degrees in both Math and Economics as well as a MBA in Finance, and has achieved insurance and financial planning designations of Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Certified Long-Term Care Consultant (CLTC), and Fellow of the Life Management Institute (FLMI).
Steve was named a Mover and Shaker by The Times of Northport because of his business acumen plus timeless efforts donating to local charities.
Steve gives Benefits for Living presentations throughout New York State. To set up a presentation, please contact him at his e-mail address below.
serves as Operations Director of LifeVentures Corp. In this role, she is in charge of all the administrative and information technology functions. Liz has over 25 years experience in the insurance industry. Her previous position was Manager in the Information Technology Department at Bankers Life of New York, where she was responsible for all phases of document management. Prior to Bankers Life, Liz had several positions in the Group Insurance Information Technology Department at MetLife.
is our Marketing Director. Previously, he served as Creative Director at Bankers Life of New York in charge of all their advertising and public relations. In a 2005 survey of life insurance brokers regarding memorable promotional work, Bankers Life was selected 40% of the time while its 15 competitors divided the remaining 60%.
The recipient of 24 creative awards made it up the corporate ladder at Manhattan ad agency Lowe McAdams during the 1990s. Randy has a degree in Communication Design from Parsons School of Design. He had the great honor of carrying the Olympic torch for the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta.