FlexLife is an
innovative Indexed Universal Life insurance policy designed to meet the
insured’s lifetime protection and accumulation needs through the Benefits for
Benefits for Living
is a powerful financial tool that provides your family with financial security
at death but also provides financial security in the event of a long-term
illness, critical illness or terminal illness. There is no additional premium cost for these accelerated
living benefits and provides future options as life changes. The living benefits include:
• Long-Term Care/Chronic Illness Acceleration – accelerates the death benefit when the insured
cannot perform 2 out 6 activities of daily living
• Critical Illness Acceleration – accelerates the death benefit when the insured
experiences a qualifying event including heart attack, stroke and cancer
• Terminal Illness Acceleration – accelerates the death benefit when the insured
has a terminal illness and life expectancy less than 12 months.
• Guaranteed Income for Life – annual income the insured cannot outlive.
the following policy features:
income and death benefit flexibility with options to access policy benefits
during the insured’s lifetime.
Premium – allows single premium, limited pay, lifetime
Protection Benefit – COI blend to dial
down the target premium.
Benefit – allows Option A and Option B.
– limited or lifetime income.
Death Benefit: $100,000
Issue Age: 0
benefit to age 120.
after the first policy year.
• Variable Net Cost Loan
• Fixed Net Cost Loan Method
• Overloan Protection Rider
for up to 50% of the gross exchange amount.
Rate Crediting: S&P 500 Index. Minimum guaranteed annual interest rate of 2.5%. Annual gains locked in. Upside potential with downside protection.
Interest Crediting Strategies:
• Fixed Interest Strategy
• Point-to-Point, Cap Focus Index Strategy, S&P 500
• Point-to-Average Index Strategy, S&P 500
• Point-to-Point, Participation Focus Index Strategy, S&P 500
• Point-to-Point, No Cap Index Index Strategy, S&P 500
• Point-to-Point, MSCI Emerging Markets Index Strategy
Preferred (issue ages 20-70)
Non-Smoker (issue ages 20-80)
Non-Smoker (issue ages 0-85)
Smoker (issue ages 20-80)
Smoker (issue ages 20-85)
Benefit Protection Rider.
period: Issue age 0-29, NLG
period 30 years
age 30-39, NLG
period 25 years
age 40-54, NLG period 20 years
age 55-64, NLG
period 15 years
Premium: No additional premium charge.
Care/Chronic Illness Acceleration:
Income tax-free living benefit in the event of a
long-term/chronic illness through the Chronic Illness Accelerated Benefits
Rider. Rider specs include:
• Available on all table ratings and all policies up to
$2 million of death benefit
• Annual acceleration limited to the indexed IRS per diem
benefit, $113,150 for 2012
• Own doctor must certify annually that insured is unable
to perform 2 out of 6 ADL’s or cognitive impairment. ADL’s – Eating, Toileting,
Transferring, Bathing, Dressing and Continence
• No additional premium cost.
• Rider is not underwritten separately.
• Cash Benefit, no restrictions on the use of the benefit
• Works well in trust-owned policies.
• Paid–up policy is available at the time of
• No waiting period to accelerate the benefit.
Critical Illness Acceleration:
Ability to accelerate the death benefit as a result of a qualifying event:
• Heart Attack, Stroke, Cancer, End Stage Renal Failure,
Major Organ Transplant, ALS or Blindness.
• No additional premium cost.
• On all standard and above policies.
• Maximum lifetime payout - $1 million.
Income Benefit: Through
the Lifetime Income Benefit Rider (LIBR), your policy cash value
can be used to provide a guaranteed stream of income you cannot outlive.
Life Changes. Protect It.